It was with great anticipation that CoreXalance held its’ first two Magazine Mingles, the first on Tuesday, 13th October 2015 in Johannesburg and the second in Cape Town on the 20th October, at the Media24 offices. These events were held, exclusively for the magazine industry, to launch the “Magazine Community”, where members can discuss trends, current affairs, voice their issues and encourage sustainable growth. It is also a platform where owners, publishers, editors and staff are recognised, and awarded, for their contributions and input.
Members of the Magazine Community will benefit from the CoreXalance Intel and Analytics services, including –
– Infographics and statistics
– Overdue percentages within the media industry
– Magazine vs. Industry reports
– Billings and bad debt ratios in the magazine industry
– Trend and revenue reports
– Annual list of the accredited advertising agencies (A-List) in South Africa.
– A revival of The Magazine Awards which will allow judging to be done via readers, creatives and professionals within the industry. After the process, each Publication will receive feedback in the form of an Improvement Perspective report.
The Magazine Mingle, which is another benefit of the community, will be held three times a year and provides an opportunity for attendees to learn, share and network.
These events proved to be a great success and all attendees agreed that it was, both, enjoyable and informative. The overwhelming feedback, that we received, was that the magazine industry is ready for this community and for the change that it will bring.
– 83% of the attendees rated the Community concept impressive and 97% would like to learn more about how they can get involved;
– 94% would like to see The Magazine Awards return.
Our next Magazine Mingle will be held in February 2016 and we will look forward to sharing more information and ideas with the industry.
If you would like to learn more about our Magazine Mingle or the Magazine Community, please contact Vicki Fourie (Vicki@corexalance.co.za).